Funds are available to support the attendance of individuals who wish to attend the conference and present an abstract. We have various programs available (see below), each with different requirements. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that they meet the criteria required for the specific fellowship for which they are applying.
If you meet the criteria for more than one of these fellowships, feel free to apply to all of them. Note, however, that only one fellowship will be awarded per person.
General Information (applies to all fellowship programs)
- Applications are limited only to students and postdoctoral researchers who will submit an abstract and give a presentation (poster or talk) at the meeting.
- The application form and all supporting documents must be completed in English.
- Fellowships cover the registration fee, conference activities, and meals only. Travel expenses and/or accommodation are not covered.
Judging process, criteria, and notification
Fellowships will be awarded by the organizers on the basis of the submitted abstract and the reasons given by the applicant to attend the meeting, including how the meeting will help them achieve their career goals.
- March 2 2023: Application opens.
- Apr 30, 2023: Application deadline.
- Early May, 2023: Application decision. **Results Announced** The organizers will contact successful applicants by email (awardees are typically contacted within two weeks of the application deadline).
Fellowship Terms and Conditions
By applying to the fellowships below, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- Awardees will have their registration fee waived and will then need to complete their registration using our online registration system.
- Awardees, as all meeting participants, must follow all conference policies.
- Awardees are expected to present their work at the meeting, and attend the conference in its entirety (all meeting sessions) and actively participate in all conference activities.
- Awardees must acknowledge the fellowship-granting organization/program in their presentation.
- Awardees must be available for a group picture of all fellows.
Applications are invited for ICGEB fellowships. These will support the participation of selected students or young scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States and are currently residing outside of Chile.
Applicants will need to upload an abstract and a letter of support by their supervisor. For the abstract, please use this template. The letter of support must be signed and dated by the applicant's current supervisor or lab head, must include their full name, title, and affiliation, and should confirm the student/postdoc status of the applicant.
To apply, please visit the ICGEB platform. After you register, go to "Request to Attend an ICGEB Event (Participant)" and find the conference in the drop-down menu. Please complete the application form and submit all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please note that the application process via the ICGEB platform is the sole and complete responsibility of ICGEB. ICGEB chooses the questions to ask and their format.
Additional fellowships and awards are supported, in part, by the generous support of our sponsors.
There are four fellowship programs, namely, RNA Society Travel Awards, Pan-American Association for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (PABMB) Travel Awards, Molecular Biosystems Fellows Program, and Biochimica et Biophysica Acta Travel Awards.
These fellowships are available to early career researchers of any nationality and country of residence, and they all share the same application process, described below.
To apply, please download this form, follow the instructions, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline (Apr 30). Please use "Fellowship Application mbiosys23" as email subject.
Applicants will also need to include an abstract and a letter of support from their current supervisor to the application email. For the abstract, please use this template. The letter of support must be signed and dated by the applicant's current supervisor or lab head, must include their full name, title, and affiliation, and should confirm the student/postdoc status of the applicant.